Welcome to Altair’s September
Our latest e-bulletin arrives in your inbox as we return from our summer breaks, hopefully refreshed and ready for the challenges (and opportunities) that lie ahead.
We share some thoughts on what those might be.
This time of year brings with it a renewed focus on both the immediate and future strategic issues facing the sector. As part of our ongoing thought leadership work, Altair’s Organisational Excellence team are producing a piece of research which will be published and shared with the sector later in the autumn, focusing on how a leading-edge housing organisation will operate in 2025. To inform the research, we will be emailing you next week to take part in a short survey to explore your organisation’s approach to change and your long term vision for your organisation.
Please do take part. Your input is invaluable.
Whilst the summer talk was all about mergers, some organisations have been considering different ways of future working. This edition starts with an article from Gina Amoh, CEO of Inquilab HA and Chair of BME (London) on behalf of a dozen London BME associations who have embarked on a long term strategic collaboration. There are lessons for others, both large and small.
Altair Partner Chris Wood takes a look into our technology future as he concludes that the telephone is dead – read yourself to find out why and whether you agree.
Coming back to this autumn, which for many means taking time out for board away days, Associate Director Andy Ballard asks whether your organisation really is managing the risks on its risk map. We then conclude this edition with Meera Bedi offering a focus on medium and smaller housing associations looking to develop.
This is also a very busy time of year for the Altair team, with us attending and speaking at a range of events over the coming weeks. We would love to meet up with you, so please contact a member of the team if you would like to meet up. Events include:
- NHF conference (21-23/9) – we are hosting three invite only events at the national conference; a dinner with the regulator on the 21st, a women’s networking dinner for housing leaders on the 22nd and a session with Trowers and Hamlins on ‘IDAs – one year on’.
- Housing Internal Audit Forum (22/9) – providing a summary of the key issues facing the sector.
- Trowers and Hamlins Legal Training Day (27/9 & 13/10) – speaking on possible sector futures and Regulation at both London & Manchester events.
- ICSH Finance conference, Ireland (20-21/9).
- West Midlands HAs – innovation research launch (27/9)
- Northern Housing Consortium Finance conference (October, date TBC)
- Also watch this space as we plan our first ever series of Webinars which will be starting in October.
If you would like to be considered for Altair’s invite only events around the UK and Ireland, please register your interest here.