Operating in the heart of London, Ekaya Housing Association is a successful Housing Association, committed to helping people live safely and securely in their homes. Our staff make a vital contribution to the lives of customers, providing homes, advice and care. Our specialist care and support services enable our customers to live independently.
In these difficult times, there has never been a more interesting moment to join the housing sector, importantly placed to provide support and services to many.
As a high performing and innovative Housing Association that aims to provide good quality housing and services to its customers, we are looking for highly customer-focused team players with excellent communication skills and ability to influence to occupy the following posts:
FLOATING SUPPORT OFFICER – £12,000 per annum (18.75 hours per week)
As an experienced Floating Support Officer with the ability to deliver person-centered housing-related support to vulnerable residents, you will be responsible for planning your visits, helping with support plans and encouraging and supporting tenants in problem solving, domestic tasks and signposting tenants to the relevant support agencies.
You will be an enthusiastic and effective team player, providing excellent customer service to customers and external contacts. You will be able to monitor your own performance against targets and objectives. Practical experience in managing your own casework is essential.
Objectives of the post
- To provide a comprehensive and quality floating supported service on behalf of the Association working with young people at risk aged 18- 25 years.
- To ensure that all services provided are ‘customer-led’ and oriented.
- To implement the Association’s policies and procedures.
- To work with young people to develop a range of life and social skills to enable them to sustain their tenancy.
- To enable young people to live independently and to access training and education facilities.
- To effectively maintain partnership working with external agencies.
The successful candidate must have at least two years’ experience of working with young people within a supported housing setting.
Download job description: Support Officer (Floating) – JDPS
LOCUM SUPPORT OFFICER – £10.00 per hour
· Occasional evening, night and weekend working, scheme based
· Lambeth, Wandsworth & Greenwich, Lewisham & Southwark
We are seeking to develop a ‘bank’ of Locum Support Officers that we can call on to work for us. Opportunities exist to cover both day and night shifts.
Locum workers are recruited on a ‘zero hour’s contract’ and can be offered work across the course of a year. They are not expected to accept every request to work; however if no assignment is accepted within a 12 month period Ekaya will terminate the contract appropriately.
This Locum Support Officer role, based within our Supported Housing services for Teenage Parents/Couples, requires the successful Locum to work, as and when required, at the service which will include occasional evening work.
As a locum you may be required to cover shifts at short notice and you should be able to travel to different locations as and when necessary. You will be required to organise your own workloads, take clear and considered decisions and communicate effectively with colleagues & external stakeholders.
You should have proven experience of support planning, risk and needs assessment and key working. You will also be expected to motivate and empower residents.
The role will consist of tasks to ensure a consistent, high level of support is provided to all customers. This will include:
- Delivering tailored support in line with supporting people and QAF standards, developing an agreed support plan with customers e.g. tenancy sustainment, return to education or training, and childcare
- Working in accordance with the organisation’s values, policies and procedures to meet the objectives and the support requirements.
- Contributing to support planning and reviews, ensuring service quality and performance are maintained and enhanced
- Ensuring proper records are maintained as required of all relevant activities
Download job description: Locum Support Officer – Specification
How to apply
Application for all posts should be made by completing an Application Form and sending same with a cover letter to:
HR, Ekaya Housing Association, 1st Floor, Lincoln House, 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE. Alternatively, completed and signed Application Forms may also be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
Your statement should include your suitability for the post and how you meet the person specification and requirements of the role. Please refer to the attached respective job descriptions and person specifications.
|Monday, 25th February 2013|
|From Monday 4th March 2013|
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful on this occasion
Ekaya Housing Association value diversity and are committed to fairness and equal opportunities in all our services and for our staff.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting our young people and as such expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.